Butterfly Pencil Topper
This adorable order-taking tool will make your heart flutter!
- Pipe cleaners
- Butterfly template (or create your own using scrapbook paper)
- Foam sheets with adhesive backing
- Mini wooden craft sticks
- Glue or glue dots
- Pom-poms or other craft accessories
- Cut out the butterfly wings from the template or create your own wings using scrapbook paper. Write Girl Scout Cookie Season messages on the wings, such as a package goal, troop goal or cookie prices. Cut the same butterfly shape out of a foam sheet with an adhesive back and set aside.
- Coil a pipe cleaner around the end of a pencil, leaving about one inch sticking up above the eraser. Peel the backing off the foam sheet and stick it to the end of the pipe cleaner that is sticking up.
- Place the decorated wings on the other side of the pipe cleaner, attaching it to the sticky side of the foam sheet. The pipe cleaner should now be securely in between both butterfly shapes.
- Glue a mini wooden craft stick in between the decorated wings to create the butterfly’s body. Decorate it with markers, pom-poms or other craft accessories.
- Use the decorated pencil during cookie season to write down all the orders that come flying in!