DIY Butterfly Feeder
Invite butterflies to your yard with this simple DIY feeder.
- Plate decoration template
- Clear plastic plate (upcycled if you can!)
- Clear adhesive contact paper
- Three clothespins
- Optional: decorations such as ribbon or beads
- Decorate the edges of the plate with markers.
- Print and cut out the plate decoration template. Place facing down on bottom on plate.
- Stick the contact paper to the bottom of the clear plate so the design shows through to the top to protect the paper from the weather.
- Clip three clothespins to the edges of the plate at an equal distance from one another. Tie a piece of string around each of the clothespins, and decorate with beads, ribbons or anything else you’d like.
- Tie the three strings together at the top and hang it outside over a branch or post. Set small pieces of fruit on the plate, such as oranges, strawberries or peaches–the sweeter the better.
- Once it’s set up, the butterflies will come flying in!