Get your cloudie ready for bold adventures! Make this saddlebag to store supplies when you and your friend go exploring.
- Leopard Saddlebags Step-by-Step Guide
- Empty Samoas® Girl Scout Cookie box
- Decorative duct tape, ribbon or clear packing tape
- Pen or pencil
- Girl Scout Cookie and clouded leopard clip art
- Two decorative brads
- Two small ponytail holders
- Glue or stapler
- Optional: Burlap fabric and decorative buttons
StepsDownload and print the Leopard Saddlebags Step-by-Step Guide to follow along with illustrations.
- Tape both ends of the cookie box closed.
- Draw a line 2 ¾” from the bottom, extending the line from the left side across the front and to the right side.
- Draw a line 2 ¾” from the top, extending the line from the left side across the back and to the right side.
- Cut along both lines. Then cut all four corners between both lines (in the middle section). This will create two saddlebag pieces.
- Optional: Cover your saddlebags with paper and decorate as you wish! Color, add stickers and decorative tape or use the Girl Scout Cookie and clouded leopard clip art.
- Fold down the piece that is extending up to create the top of the saddlebag. Insert the decorative brad on the front of each bag, about ½” from the center top edge. Punch a hole in the top, ¼” from the center edge. Thread the ponytail holder through the hole, and secure onto the brad.
- Place a saddlebag on each side of your leopard to measure the distance for the saddlebag connector. Secure the tape or ribbon against the back of each saddle bag, across the back of the leopard, to the back of the other saddlebag, sticky side up. Use an extra piece of tape to cover the exposed sticky side of the tape that runs across the back of the leopard.
- Optional: If you prefer a fabric top flap instead of the cookie box top flap, you may cut two burlap flaps out of your fabric. Glue them on the insides of the cookie boxes and fold them over the open tops to create flaps. Glue a button to the flap for decoration.